Skip to main content

A Course in Miracles Makes Decision Making Easy

Enjoy the following excerpt from a transcribed talk given by A Course in Miracles teacher David Hoffmeister.

I’m looking at all the flags of  the different religions and spiritualities in the back of the room. You might wonder, Which path is it I should take? It does seem to be a pretty significant decision, right? No! Jesus says in the introduction to A Course in Miracles, “This is a required course”. He’s really meaning forgiveness is required. It’s not meaning that you have to study A Course in Miracles or else. He’s just saying forgiveness is a required course. It is a self-study course, not a religion. You will have to forgive at some point or another.

He also says, “Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It only means that you can decide what you want to take at a given time”. Later on in the teacher’s manual, he even adds more to it. You can’t even decide the form. Well, that’s great! Now the curriculum is required, I have to forgive if I’m going to know my true self and know God and be happy. That’s required, and the form is not up for you to decide. Oh the ego is insulted by that one. It likes the idea that you pick the forms, but it’s all part of a prearranged plan, your destiny.

Basically it comes back to this: You can control the direction of your thinking. Your main thing is to align your thoughts with the Holy Spirit. Everything you think you’re deciding; that you think is a personal, unique, individual choice; your will as a human being. No, no, no. According to A Course in MIracles, none of it is true! And that means that once you start to get to these decisions like, ‘Do I stay or go in a relationship?  Do I move or stay here?  Do I stay at this job?  Do I go for treatment in the hospital?  Do I...’  All the things that seem like those big decisions. In the end, it’s not about big decisions and small decisions.  It’s about lining up the Holy Spirit and saying, “Holy Spirit, decide for God for me”.  You see how that will get you out of the conflict of a split mind? “Holy Spirit, decide for God for me. Today I will make no decisions by myself.”

These are the rules for decision. I want to be in total alignment. I want to feel that swirl of joy. You give me the guidance. I feel the joy, and then I follow. If I think that you are saying, ‘I don’t want to follow that guidance,’ then that sets up a conflict in the mind. The ego’s going, ‘No, no, no. Put the brakes on there. That’s too big of a decision. You could really be sorry if you make that decision.’ You can feel the struggle start. The guidance is given. There’s a swirl of joy, and then the ego comes in and tries to justify all reasons why not to make that decision.

To learn more about the teachings of A Course in Miracles and David Hoffmeister, please visit his website at https://acim.biz/a-course-in-miracles-book-acim/
I’m looking at all the flags of  the different religions and spiritualities in the back of the room. You might wonder, Which path is it I should take? It does seem to be a pretty significant decision, right? No! Jesus says in the introduction to A Course in Miracles, “This is a required course”. He’s really meaning forgiveness is required. It’s not meaning that you have to study A Course in Miracles or else. He’s just saying forgiveness is a required course. It is a self-study course, not a religion. You will have to forgive at some point or another.

He also says, “Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It only means that you can decide what you want to take at a given time”. Later on in the teacher’s manual, he even adds more to it. You can’t even decide the form. Well, that’s great! Now the curriculum is required, I have to forgive if I’m going to know my true self and know God and be happy. That’s required, and the form is not up for you to decide. Oh the ego is insulted by that one. It likes the idea that you pick the forms, but it’s all part of a prearranged plan, your destiny.

Basically it comes back to this: You can control the direction of your thinking. Your main thing is to align your thoughts with the Holy Spirit. Everything you think you’re deciding; that you think is a personal, unique, individual choice; your will as a human being. No, no, no. According to A Course in MIracles, none of it is true! And that means that once you start to get to these decisions like, ‘Do I stay or go in a relationship?  Do I move or stay here?  Do I stay at this job?  Do I go for treatment in the hospital?  Do I...’  All the things that seem like those big decisions. In the end, it’s not about big decisions and small decisions.  It’s about lining up the Holy Spirit and saying, “Holy Spirit, decide for God for me”.  You see how that will get you out of the conflict of a split mind? “Holy Spirit, decide for God for me. Today I will make no decisions by myself.”

These are the rules for decision. I want to be in total alignment. I want to feel that swirl of joy. You give me the guidance. I feel the joy, and then I follow. If I think that you are saying, ‘I don’t want to follow that guidance,’ then that sets up a conflict in the mind. The ego’s going, ‘No, no, no. Put the brakes on there. That’s too big of a decision. You could really be sorry if you make that decision.’ You can feel the struggle start. The guidance is given. There’s a swirl of joy, and then the ego comes in and tries to justify all reasons why not to make that decision.

To learn more about the teachings of A Course in Miracles and David Hoffmeister, please visit his website at https://acim.biz/a-course-in-miracles-book-acim/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GET PSN CODE FOR FREE

 GET PSN CODE FOR FREE Do you want to Play more and pay nothing? This is very rare, but it’s something we deem it right to make it available for all game lovers across the world. It is important to know that a PlayStation game is one of the best appliances to have in any home; it helps get rid of boredom and also serves as a remedy for depression. However, if you’re always finding it a big deal to pay for what you play due to reasons best known to you, we’ve come with one of the lifetime experiences you will never forget in a hurry. Here, you will be able to generate a free PSN code that you can use for your PlayStation. It is absolutely free of charge and this place is the best you can visit to generate the codes without any hassle. Why Are We Giving Away Free PSN Codes? We are here to make your gaming experience a very favorable one. A lot of Playstation owners do not get the true feeling of gaming because they are restricted from obtaining items from the Playstation ...

News Block Chain

ICO CALENDAR FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK blockchain news  December IAntiqMall – Antiques marketplace on blockchain. ICrediSco – Blockchain based fraud detection with AI machine learning elements.  December carVertical – First global & decentralised car history registry.  December Opporty – The first decentralized service marketplace with Blockchain-enabled Escrow. Nimbus Token – A platform for selling and bartering goods and services via cryptocurrency and the blockchain.  December AlmBank ( pre-ICO) – A work-marketplace platform being constructed to create new forms of work and charitable culture within the crypto-community.  December MiCars – Fast and simple car rental service. Bitto Exchange – Revolutionising  Crypto  Currency Exchange Platform. MimiCoin – First social cryptocurrency.  December Craftmade – First Decentralized Blockchain workshop-marketplace.  December Bottos – Bottos is a decentralized data sharing networ...

Olympic Soul Olympic routines for everyone

Exercise, the name of the game swimmingOne more thing that is need for your Olympic athlete dreams in exercise. Everyone needs to at least stay physically fit and maintain their weight. Exercise routines are like shoes or clothing. You have to find the right one that works out for you. Are you looking for something simple to work with? Yoga, walking, and even belly dance can be a really useful to you. If you are looking to make yourself sweat buckets, running, baseball, basketball, and exercise routines that involve a lot of activity will be perfect for you. Before you begin your workout, warming up is key. Do some stretching before you begin. Stretching out will help your muscles and reduce the pain. Once you are all warmed up, you can begin your workout regimen. Afterwards, you know to cool yourself down. Stretching and lessor exercises will help tie off your workout for the day. The important thing is to keep active and keep moving. But what if you are disabled and are able to m...